Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Fave Five

One of the top questions people in the restaurant industry get is, "What are your favorite restaurants?" Because we get this question so often and because it is so hard to answer we thought it would be fun to list some of our top five restaurants...

From Ron:
My list of restaurants is certainly not very ambitious; but very soulful and mostly kid friendly:

1. Martins (they are mostly in the burbs…They have the best biscuits ever, all homemade and their chicken biscuit was somewhat of an inspiration for the “Big Nasty” – plus this is the place that I started taking my son to when Mommy needed a break and Daddy had the day off from work.
2. The Varsity – Nothing beats a chili cheese dog and an orange drink…Plus the dogs are thin enough for my son to handle.
3. Rusans – I like going to the one on Piedmont after work – The sushi is pretty good, but the place is always rockin’ with drunken amateurs doing sake bombs and the sushi chefs are always smiling, yapping and will usually greet you with a small snack.
4. Georges (North Highland Avenue) – Great, Great burgers…I love sneaking over there between lunch and dinner…Plus they sell a small selection of candy at the cash register – I can always pick up a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup!
5. Caramba – My next door neighbor…They truly exemplify the personality of Morningside, they have embraced me since day one…They have great cheese dip and be sure to ask Momma & Mia for a “didley” when you go in!
6. Kevin Rathbun Steak – I love getting there late, eating with Erv at the bar…Snacking on oysters, a ribeye and their Vermont butter mashed potatoes.

Stay tuned for Meryl, Jeff, Jason and Lizzie's top five restaurants and be sure to share yours with us as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment